Strategic Management: Competitiveness and Globalization, Cases, 8th Edition
|Customers who bought this, also bought:|
|Employment Relations in the Asia-Pacific: Changing approaches|
|Evolution of Management Thought, 6th Edition|
|Principles of Macroeconomics, 4th Edition (Please see new edition - ISBN: 9780170191715)|
|International Human Resource Management: Managing People in a Multinational Context, 5th Edition|
|Services Marketing: An Asia-Pacific and Australian Perspective, 4th Edition [This is an OLD EDITION. To order the new edition, please perform a new search using the following ISBN: 9781442517011]|
|Accounting: an introduction, 4th Edition (Please see NEW edition - ISBN: 9781442534803)|
|Marketing + OneKey for WebCT Pack, 7th Edition|
|International and Comparative Employment Relations|
|International Business, 7th Edition (International Edition)|
|Human Resource Management in Australia, 3rd Edition|
Michael A Hitt, R. Duane Ireland, Robert E. Hoskisson
$99.95 (includes GST)
Hardcover package 400
13%Off Retail Price
Usually ships within 2-3 business days. We will advise you if a delay or price change is expected.
N.Sydney : On Order (reserve your copy)
South Western Pub Co,22.01.08
| Add to Shopping Cart
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT: COMPETITIVENESS AND GLOBALIZATION, CASES, Eighth Edition, is a comprehensive Strategic Management case text that combines proven scholarship; cutting-edge research; a practical global focus; and the most thorough, up-to-date, and relevant business examples and cases available. Now, this trusted business text is enhanced by the addition of powerful new media and technology resources, including an updated video program, CengageNOW online learning tools, and the Business and Company Resource Center (BCRC)--a complete electronic business library that makes in-depth research simple. The highly respected authors, all active teachers and experts in the strategic management field, use a unique model to illustrate how real-world businesses use strategic management to build a sustained competitive advantage. The text includes current and relevant examples, outstanding figures and models, and a wide selection of case studies to give students an effective overview of critical issues they will confront as rising professionals in today's evolving business environment.
Current research and up-to-date findings, as well as 29 new cases covering a variety of topics, organizational settings, and industries, help make course material directly relevant to students in today's business environment. Case notes are exceptionally detailed, and many include financial analyses and tutorials to support effective instruction.
The new edition expands coverage of important current trends such as ethics and social responsibility, global strategy, cultural diversity, and the impact they are having on strategic management, providing engaging material for class discussion and a practical focus students can appreciate.
Current research and up-to-date findings, as well as 29 new cases covering a variety of topics, organizational settings, and industries help make course material directly relevant to today's business environment.
The new edition expands coverage of important current trends such as ethics and social responsibility, global strategy, cultural diversity, and the impact they are having on strategic management, providing an important grounding in practical issues today's business leaders need to understand.
1. 3M: Cultivating Core Competency.
2. A-1 Lanes and the Currency Crisis of the East Asian Tigers.
3. Abercrombie & Fitch: An Upscale Sporting Goods Retailer Becomes a Leader in Trendy Apparel.
4. Amd vs Intel: Competitive Challenges.
5. Boeing: Redefining Strategies to Manage the Competitive Market.
6. Capital One: The American Credit Card Company's Growth Strategies.
7. Carrefour in Asia.
8. Dell: From a Low Cost PC Maker to an Innovative Company.
9. Governing the House of the Mouse: Corporate Governance at Disney, 1984-2006.
10. Ford Motor Company.
11. Jack Welch and Jeffrey Immelt: Continuity and Change in Strategy, Style and Culture at GE.
12. The Home Depot.
13. China's Home Improvement Market: Should Home Depot Enter or Will It Have a Late-mover (Dis)advantage?
14. Huawei: Cisco's Chinese Challenger.
15. ING Direct: Rebel in the Banking Industry.
16. JetBlue Airways: Challenges Ahead.
17. Corporate Governance at Knight Transportation Inc.
18. Lufthansia: Going Global, but Howto Manage Complexity?
19. Microsoft's Diversification Strategy.
20. Nestlť: Sustaining Growth in Mature Markets.
22. PenAgain: An Entrepreneur Seeks the Holy Grail of Retailing.
23. PSA Peugeot CitroŽn: Strategic Alliances for Competitive Advantage?
24. Sun Microsystems.
25. Teleflex Canada: A Culture of Innovation.
26. Tyco International--A Case of Corporate Malfeasance.
27. Vodafone: Out of Many, One.
28. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
29. WD-40 Company: The Squeak, Smell, and Dirt Business.