PRESCRIBED TEXT FOR 15313 - Project Procurement and Risk Management - AT UTS, SEMESTER 2 2010
The 27th edition of Australian Commercial Law has been updated throughout, ensuring it remains an essential resource for all students of commercial law. All chapters have been revised to incorporate new commentary, recent legislative amendments and current case law.
New to this edition:
* The High Court decisions in Koompahtoo Local Aboriginal Land Council v Sanpine Pty Ltd (2007) and Gumland Property Holdings Pty Ltd v Duffy Bros Fruit Market (Campbelltown) Pty Ltd (2008) on remedies for breach of contract (Contract law chapters);
* Commentary on the new predatory pricing provision and changes to the misuse of market power provision introduced by the Trade Practices Legislation Amendment Act (No 1) 2007 and discussion of ACCC v Visy Industries Holdings Pty Ltd (No 3) , which resulted in the largest civil penalty in Australian trade practices law (Restrictive Trade Practices chapter);
* The recent High Court decision in Australian Finance Direct Ltd v Director of Consumer Affairs Victoria  concerning the pre-contractual disclosure requirements under the Consumer Credit Code (Credit Law chapter);
* The New South Wales Court of Appeal decision in The Anderson Group Pty Ltd v Tynan Motors Pty Ltd (2006), which analysed the standing of a bailee to sue a third party for negligence (Bailments chapter);
* The High Court decision in CGU Insurance Ltd v AMP Financial Planning Pty Ltd (2007) on the requirement that the parties act with the "utmost good faith", and the New South Wales Court of Appeal decision in Caldwell v JA Neilson Investments Pty Ltd  NSWCA regarding the limitations on the obligations of an insurance agent to an insured (Insurance chapter);
* Incorporation of substantial amendments made to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) by the Copyright Amendment Act 2006 (Cth) which came into operation in January 2007, and inclusion of the significant High Court decisions in Burge v Swarbrick (2007) regarding copyright and Lockwood Security Products Pty Ltd v Doric Products Pty Ltd (No 2) (2007) regarding patents (Intellectual Property chapter);
* Amendments made to debt agreements by the Bankruptcy Legislation Amendment (Debt Agreements) Act 2007 (Cth) (Bankruptcy chapter); and
* Substantial revision of the Workplace Relations chapter to take account of the significant changes to employment law made by the Federal Government.
As well as continuing to be a leading text for business students studying commercial law in Australia, Australian Commercial Law, 27th Edition will be supported by Thomson Reuters' mentor, an interactive online suite of student and lecturer support materials. Students and lecturers alike will find this edition and the related mentor portal a winning combination.