Mastering AutoCAD teaches AutoCAD essentials using concise explanations, focused examples, step-by-step instructions, and hands-on projects for both AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT. This detailed resource works as both a tutorial and stand-alone reference. Part I introduces the basics of the interface and drafting tools; Part II moves into such intermediate skills as effectively using hatches, fields, and tables; Part III details such advanced skills as attributes, dynamic blocks, drawing curves and solid fills; Part IV explores 3D modeling and imaging; and Part V discusses customization and integration. The supporting web site includes all the project files necessary for the tutorials and five chapters of advanced material on such topics as Active X and VBA.
Table of Contents:
1. Exploring the AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT Interface.
2. Creating Your First Drawing.
3. Setting Up and Using AutoCAD's Drafting Tools.
4. Organizing Objects with Blocks and Groups.
5. Getting Organized with Layers and Line Types.
6. Editing and Reusing Data to Work Efficiently.
7. Mastering Viewing Tools, Hatch...
8. Introducing Printing, Plotting, and Layouts.
9. Understanding Plot Styles.
10. Adding Text to Drawings.
11. Using Fields and Tables.
12. Using Dimensions.
13. Using Attributes.
14. Copying Pre-existing Drawings into AutoCAD.
15. Advanced Editing and Organizing.
16. Laying Out your Printer Output.
17. Using Dynamic Blocks.
18. Drawing Curves and Solid Fills.
19. Getting and Exchanging Data from Drawings.
20. Introducing 3D Creating 3D Drawings with Surfaces.
21. Using Advanced 3D Features.
22. Rendering 3D Drawings.
23. Mastering 3D Solids.
24. Using the Express Tools.
25. Introducing AutoLISP.
26. Customizing Toolbars, Menus, Line Types and Hatch ...
27. Managing and Sharing Your Drawings.
28. Using Sheet Sets.