Small Business Server 2003 Best Practices, Volume 1: Introduction and Intermediate
$6.00 (includes GST)
Paperback package 752
95%Off Retail Price
CLEARANCE Item - Special discount - limited stock!
N.Sydney : In Stock
Small Business Level:
| Add to Shopping Cart
This 3rd-party technical book looks deep into Microsoft's popular Windows Small Business Server 2003 (SBS) product from a real-world vantage point. This is Volume One: Introductory and Intermediate.
Readers will find this to be a ready guide to successfully implementing a secure SBS 2003 network for a sample company. Competencies will be gained in SBS 2003 planning, setup and deployment for the server and client computers and:
* Configuring the underlying Windows Server 2003 operating system
* Using Exchange Server 2003
* Exploiting Windows SharePoint Services
* Using Remote Web Workplace
* Implementing security via RRAS NAT\Basic Firewall (SBS 2003 standard edition) and ISA Server 2000 (SBS 2003 premium edition)
* Creating a database that supports line of business applications with SQL Server 2000
* Effectively using the Shared Fax component
* Using the Server Management console, the To Do List and countless SBS wizards
* Points to numerous third-party SBS tools and applications to extend your SBS environment!
* E-book provided to readers who register the book.
This book also weaves business thinking into the rich technical discussion so readers gain appropriate context on how to implement SBS 2003 in small businesses.
If you start at page one and continue to the end of the book, you will have created a super-duper SBS network for a sample company and can call yourself an SBSer with great pride.
You should be warned: This third-party book contains humor that adds life to the pages (it is not another dry computer technology tome). It even has a photo section of the worldwide SBS community!