Oracle PL/SQL Developer's Workbook (Oracle 8i)
Steven Feuerstein with Andrew Odewahn
$23.95 (includes GST)
Paperback package 592
70%Off Retail Price
CLEARANCE Item - Special discount -limited stock
N.Sydney : In Stock
ORACLE Level: B/I/A
| Add to Shopping Cart
However excellent they are, most computer books are inherently passive--readers simply take in text without having any opportunity to react to it. The Oracle PL/SQL Developer's Workbook is a different kind of animal! It's designed to engage you actively, to get you solving programming problems immediately, and to help you apply what you've learned about PL/SQL--and in the process deepen your knowledge of the language. By tackling the exercises in this workbook, you'll find yourself moving more rapidly along the learning curve to join the growing ranks of PL/SQL experts.
The Oracle PL/SQL Developer's Workbook is a companion to Steven Feuerstein's bestselling Oracle PL/SQL Programming and his other PL/SQL books from O'Reilly. It contains a carefully constructed set of problems and solutions that will test your language skills and help you become a better developer--both with PL/SQL and with other languages. Exercises are provided at three levels: beginner, intermediate, and expert. The workbook exercises cover all the major features of PL/SQL, including those new to Oracle8i (e.g., Java and web features, autonomous transactions, and bulk binds).
You'll find chapters on:
* Basic language elements--variables, naming, loops, conditional and sequential control, exception handling, and records.
* Data structures--index-by tables, nested tables, variables arrays (VARRAYs), and object technology.
* Database interaction--cursors, DML and transaction management, cursor variables, and native dynamic SQL
* Program construction--procedures, functions, blocks, packages, database triggers, and calling PL/SQL functions in SQL.
* Built-in functionality--the character, date, conversion, numeric, and miscellaneous functions, and the DBMS--SQL, DBMS--PIPE, DBMS--OUTPUT, UTL--FILE, and DBMS--JOB built-in packages.
* Miscellaneous topics--using Java with PL/SQL, external programs, PL/SQL web development, tuning PL/SQL, and PL/SQL for DBAs.
Table of Contents:
1. Declaring Variables and Naming Elements
3. Conditional and Sequential Control
4. Exception Handling
6. Index-by Tables
7. Nested Tables
8. Variable Arrays
9. Object Technology
11. DML and Transaction Management
12. Cursor Variables
13. Native Dynamic SQL
14. Procedures, Functions, and Blocks
17. Calling Functions in SQL
18. Character Functions
19. Date Functions
20. Conversion, Numeric, and Miscellaneous Functions
21. DBMS--SQL Built-in Package
22. DBMS--PIPE Built-in Package
23. DBMS--OUTPUT Built-in Package
24. UTL--FILE Built-in Package
25. DBMS--JOB Built-in Package
26. Using Java with PL/SQL
27. External Procedures
28. PL/SQL Web Development
29. Tuning PL/SQL 30. PL/SQL for DBAs