Learn how best to implement the New General Ledger in SAP ERP Financials and how to maximize your organization's use of its vast functionalities.
Using practical examples, the authors take you on a guided tour of the most important functions. First, you'll learn how to create the settings needed to define your ledgers. Then, you'll uncover sample solutions and customization tips for segment reporting and document splitting, as the authors show you the process of mapping a parallel accounting procedure using the ledger approach.
A detailed chapter on migration answers burning questions such as: What tools are available? What issues should we be thinking about before migration? What levels of complexity should be weighed? How does the migration process really work?
In short, this detailed reference provides you with everything you'll need to successfully migrate to New General Ledger. Based on the latest release, SAP ERP 6.0, this book is fully up-to-date as of the date of its publication.
* Design and Features of the Ledgers
* Integration in Financial Accounting - Profit Center Accounting, Reposting in Controlling, Online Posting of Follow-Up Costs, Period-End Closing
* Parallel Valuation - Basic Principles, Fixed Assets, Current Assets, Provisions
* Document Splitting - Active and Passive Split, Special G/L Transactions, Periodic Processing
* Migration - Activating New G/L, Migration Phase Model, SAP Service for Migration, Migration Scenarios, Migration Cockpit, Practical Reports