This book is for Java developers who want to create Ajax interfaces using the Google Web Toolkit (GWT). It focuses on useful, practical tasks from the first chapter.
The book is aimed at programmers who want to use GWT to create interfaces for their professional web applications. It concentrates on the serious side of Ajax: creating powerful, productive applications for browser platforms.
GWT Ajax Programming shows you how to create reliable user interfaces that enhance the user experience.
Read the full Table of Contents for GWT Java AJAX Programming
What you will learn from this book
* Set up an elegant GWT development environment in Eclipse
* Create, test, debug and deploy GWT applications
* Develop custom widgets - examples include a calendar and weather forecast widget
* Internationalize your GWT applications
* Create complex interfaces using grids, moveable elements, and more
* Integrate GWT with Rico, Moo.fx and Script.aculo.us to create even more attractive UIs using JSNI
Each chapter covers a series of practical tasks, showing how to achieve a particular useful result - and then learn how it works so that you can apply your knowledge to your own unique situation.
Who this book is written for