Hang in there 'til Easter... Managing classroom behaviour by building resilient teachers, 1st Edition
$68.95 (includes GST)
Paperback package 117
17%Off Retail Price
CLEARANCE Item - Special discount -limited stock
N.Sydney : In Stock
| Add to Shopping Cart
This book is written to give pre-service and graduate teachers an opportunity to reflect on their own behaviour as it applies to classroom and student management. It is particularly directed at supporting graduate teachers who are having second thoughts about remaining in the profession, and especially those, who in their first few hectic weeks of teaching, are considering resigning.
The over-arching purpose of this book is to guide teachers to become more resilient and competent so that they will enjoy a successful teaching career.
By modelling and teaching resiliency you will create a harmonious classroom where students feel they belong.
Vignettes from June's field work are sprinkled quite liberally throughout this book to illustrate the kind of experiences teachers may encounter.
There are ten chapters in this book, each one taking you closer to becoming a successful manager of classroom and student behaviour.
1. What makes a successful teacher?
2. Building Resilience: from struggle to success
3. Preparing for the best: what you should do before your teaching career begins
4. The first week: establishing a working relationship with your students
5. Communicating clearly to avoid confusion and confrontation
6. Students who need more: addressing low-level irritants.
7. Social skills and social competency
8. Scripts for social skill training
9. When preventative measures are not enough
10. It's Easter! Have a great break