The 14 project-based lessons in this book show students step-by-step the key techniques for working in Photoshop CS5. In addition to learning the key elements of the Photoshop interface, they'll learn how to edit images with precise selection control, correct a wide range of lens-based errors, interactively transform their images with the new Puppet Warp tool, and easily remove or replace image elements with the new Content-Aware Fill mode. The book also covers new powerful painting effects to artistically enhance images and shows how to combine multiple exposures into a single HDR image. The companion DVD-ROM includes sample project files for students to use as they work their way through the lessons in the book, as well as video training from Learn Adobe Photoshop CS5 by Video (9780321719805).
Features and Benefits
World's best-selling book on Adobe Photoshop, now fully revised for CS5
* Comprehensive, project-based lessons teach key techniques of image editing with Photoshop CS5
* All-updated lessons demonstrate new features, including advanced intelligent selection editing, the Puppet Warp tool, the Content-Aware Fill Mode, and more
* Includes 2 hours of FREE video tutorials from Adobe Photoshop CS5 Learn by Video!
Table of Contents
1. GETTING TO KNOW THE WORK AREA
2. BASIC PHOTO CORRECTIONS
3. WORKING WITH SELECTIONS
4. LAYER BASICS
5. CORRECTING AND ENHANCING DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHS
6. MASKS AND CHANNELS
7. TYPOGRAPHIC DESIGN
8. VECTOR DRAWING TECHNIQUES
9. ADVANCED LAYERING
10. ADVANCED COMPOSITING
11. PAINTING WITH THE MIXER BRUSH
12. WORKING WITH 3D IMAGES
13. PREPARING FILES FOR THE WEB
14. PRODUCING AND PRINTING CONSISTENT COLOR
About the Authors
The Adobe Creative Team of designers, writers, and editors has extensive, real world knowledge of Adobe products. They work closely with the Adobe product development teams and Adobe's Instructional Communications team to come up with creative, challenging, and visually appealing projects to help both new and experienced users get up to speed quickly on Adobe software products.