Overview of Moodle 1.9 Theme Design: Beginner's Guide
* Create your own Moodle theme from the graphic design stage right through to the finished complete Moodle theme
* Offers design examples and ways to create appropriate themes for different student age groups and styles
* Effective planning for creating and modifying new themes, customizing existing themes, and enhancing them further
* Clear focus on beginners with ample screenshots and clear explanations to facilitate learning
Moodle is a highly extensible virtual learning environment and is used to deliver online teaching and training materials. Theming is one of the main features of Moodle that can be used to customize your online courses and make them look exactly how you want them to. If you have been looking for a book that will help you develop Moodle Themes that you are proud of, and that your students would enjoy, then this is the book for you.
This book will show you how to create themes for Moodle, change pre-installed Moodle themes, and download new themes from various resources on the Internet. It is filled with suggestions and examples for adapting classroom activities to the Virtual Learning Environment.
This book starts off by introducing Moodle, explaining what it is, how it works, and what tools you might need to create a stunning Moodle theme. It then moves on to show you in detailed steps how to choose and change a Moodle theme, and explains what Moodle themes are and how they work. It shows you how to change an existing theme and test the changes that you have made.
The latter half of this book will start you off on the road to creating your own themes from scratch. It provides detailed instructions to guide you through the stages of creating a stunning theme for your Moodle site. From planning theme creation, through to the slicing and dicing, and more advanced Moodle theming processes, this book will give you step-by-step instructions to create your own Moodle theme.
A step-by-step, practical guide to creating professional-looking Moodle themes.
What you will learn from this book :
* Plan a Moodle theme from scratch
* Install a Moodle theme and change Moodles theme settings
* Add your own customized logo, title text, and footer information, and test your changes in several web browsers
* Customize the Moodle site to fit in with other elements of your web site
* Create a design mock-up using graphics software
* Slice and dice your design mock-up and create your graphic elements
* Build your theme using HTML and CSS
* Create themes that you can share with the Moodle community
* Theming core Moodle functionality
This is a Beginner's Guide, with plenty of worked examples, step-by-step visual guides, and explanations.
Who this book is written for
If you are a Moodle administrator, ICT technical personnel, designer or a teacher and wish to enhance your Moodle site to make it visually attractive, then this book is for you. You should be familiar with the basics of Moodle operation, and some familiarity with web design techniques, such as HTML and CSS, will be helpful.