Overview of Getting Started with Oracle BPM Suite 11gR1 - A Hands-On Tutorial
* Offers an accelerated learning path for the much-anticipated Oracle BPM Suite 11g release
* Set the stage for your BPM learning experience with a discussion into the evolution of BPM, and a comprehensive overview of the Oracle BPM Suite 11g Product Architecture
* Discover BPMN 2.0 modeling, simulation, and implementation
* Understand how Oracle uses standards like Services Component Architecture (SCA) to simplify the process of application development
* Describes how Oracle has unified services and events into one platform
* Built around an iterative tutorial, using a real-life scenario to illustrate all the key features
* Full of illustrations, diagrams, and tips for developing SOA applications faster, with clear step-by-step instructions and practical examples
* Written by Oracle BPM Suite Product Management team members
Accelerate your learning path to Oracle BPM Suite 11g with this easy-to-use and comprehensive hands-on tutorial.
Business Process Management is broadly recognized as a top business priority. While BPM is more than technology, effective process management requires a good BPM suite of tools and technologies. The market for such BPM Suites has been historically very fragmented. This market is in the process of being transformed, driven by two forces: standardization, primarily in the form of BPMN 2.0, and consolidation. Oracle BPM Suite 11gR1 is a harbinger of this transformation. With its native support for BPMN 2.0 and a unified and comprehensive set of capabilities, it is poised to accelerate the change.
This book provides an excellent exposure to Oracle BPM 11gR1 and walks you through the development of a business process application based on a real-life scenario. The solution is built in an iterative fashion, with each chapter introducing a new feature until you have learned them all. This fully illustrated step-by-step tutorial is based on proven training content that has been highly praised by hundreds of business process professionals in product training courses given as part of the BPM Suite 11g rollout. While this book is specific to Oracle BPM Suite, some material being based on standards such as BPMN 2.0 are generally applicable.
Learn from the experts - teach yourself Oracle BPM Suite 11g with an accelerated and hands-on learning path brought to you by Oracle BPM Suite Product Management team members
What you will learn from this book :
* Build a business process application
* Model executable processes with Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) 2.0
* Optimize your processes using process simulation
* Analyze activity with Process Analytics and Business Activity Monitoring
* Integrate business decisions with Business Rules
* Design complex Human Task flows
* Develop rich forms for BPM
* Collaborate with Process Spaces (Social BPM)
* Explore life-cycle management features
This fully illustrated step-by-step tutorial is based on proven training content that has been highly praised by hundreds of developers in product training courses given as part of the BPM Suite 11g rollout. You will learn how to build a business process application project iteratively with each chapter introducing new technology components and adding a functional increment. Each chapter comes with a working solution for your reference. You can use the solution to start the tutorial at any point or to jump around to the chapters most interesting to you.
Who this book is written for
This clear and detailed tutorial is perfect for both new and experienced business process developers, process architects, and process analysts looking for a pragmatic and hands-on approach to learning Oracle BPM Suite 11g.