Mastering System Center Configuration Manager 2007 provides intermediate and advanced coverage of all aspects of the product, including planning and installation, upgrading Systems Management Server 2003, deploying software and operating systems, security, monitoring and troubleshooting, and automating and customizing SCCM 2007 with scripts.
The authors take a hands-on approach by providing many real-world scenarios to show readers how to use the tool in various contexts. This anchors the conceptual explanations in practical application. This book's web site will contain a collection of ready-to-use scripts with directions for implementing them in network systems.
1. Overview of Systems and Operations Management.
2. Planning a Configuration Manager Infrastructure.
3. Interoperability with Systems Management Server 2003.
4. Installation and Site Role Configuration.
5. Client Installation.
6. Software Distribution and Deployment.
7. Software Updates.
8. Operating System Deployment.
9. Asset Intelligence.
10. Inventory and Software Metering.
12. Desired Configuration Management.
13. Mobile Device Management.
14. Network Access Protection.
16. Disaster Recovery.
Chris Mosby is a three-time SCCM MVP and one of the first members of myITforum.com, Inc. Ron Crumbaker, a four-time SCCM MVP and CTO of myITforum.com, Inc., writes frequently on Microsoft subject areas and presents at Microsoft Management Summit conferences. Christopher W. Urban, MCSE and MCT, is a Management Tools Product Specialist for Microsoft.