Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET: An Object-Oriented Approach- Comprehensive
$71.95 (includes GST)
Paperback package 684
20%Off Retail Price
Usually ships within 3-4 business days.
| Add to Shopping Cart
Take an object-oriented approach when learning the next generation of Visual Basic. Bestselling author Michael Ekedahl explores the .NET platform, discussing Visual Basic as an object-oriented, data-driven language. Tackling the numerous changes and enhancements to the .Net framework, this book is designed for individuals with little or no programming background and introduces sound programming techniques through hands-on exercises and end-of-chapter case problems. It offers real-world MIS and business-related examples to help prepare readers for their first job experience using Visual Basic. NET.
Download Student Files
For desk copy requests of this title, we offer a Sample Edition. This edition contains the entire student version of the textbook, but does not include the software.
Order your desk copy of this Sample Edition
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started with VB .NET
2. Creating a First VB .NET Solution
3. Introduction to Numeric Data Types and Variables
4. Decision Making
5. Validating Input with Strings and Functions
6. Repetition and Multiple Forms
7. Processing Text Files with Arrays and Lists
8. Introduction to Database Processing
9. Working with Multiple Database Tables
10. Dialog Controls Common to Windows and Structured Error Handling
11. Creating a Multiple-Document Application
12. Creating Reusable Components with Classes
13. Introduction to ASP .NET
14. Deploying a VB .NET Application
B: Database Design
C: Crystal Reports
D: ASCII Character Codes
Designed for a one-semester course in Visual Basic .NET, this text takes an object-oriented approach when guiding the beginning programming student through Microsoft's new Visual Basic .NET environment.
Each chapter begins with a programming exercise that prepares students for real-world, business interactions and situations.
Covers topics dealing with MDI and class module programming.
New chapter: 'Creating Simple ASP Applications'.
Includes Visual Studio .NET 60-day trial on DVD (also available with Visual Basic .NET Standard Edition on five CDs).