SAP BW Performance Optimization Guide
$55.98 (includes GST)
Hardcover package 450
60%Off Retail Price
CLEARANCE Item - Special discount - limited stock!
N.Sydney : In Stock
| Add to Shopping Cart
This book provides comprehensive guidance to analyze and optimize performance in SAP BW Release 3.5. First, the author introduces you to basic SAP BW concepts (architecture, data modeling), key methods and tools for systematic performance analysis, as well as exclusive data design tips.
Then, benefit from expert insights on indices, statistics, database optimizers, and critical aspects of reporting performance. Full-length chapters deal with aggregates as well as extraction and loading performance. In addition, InfoCube partitioning and compression are discussed extensively.
This unique reference gives administrators the background knowledge, practical guidance, and all the tools needed to effectively analyze and tune BW performance immediately. Plus, BW developers benefit from detailed data design descriptions and expert tips that cannot be found elsewhere.
- BW architecture, sizing, and data modelling
- System load analysis
- Indices and database statistics
- Reporting performance: OLAP Cache, query monitor and trace, BW Reporting Agent, front-end performance and network, BEx queries and Excel workbooks
- Compression and Partitioning
- Extraction and loading performance: Integration of data sources, data flow, communication and transfer techniques, Persistent Staging Area, Performance Aspects for load, data extraction, and data transformation processes
- Update of InfoCubes and ODS Objects
About the Author
Thomas Schröder is a managing consultant in the Finance Transformation - Application Consulting area at Capgemini Deutschland GmbH, Germany. His consulting work focuses on business intelligence strategies, business analytics, data modeling, data warehousing architectures, and SAP BW.