Using step-by-step instructions with projects that build on the knowledge gained in each lesson, students learn the key elements of the Flash interface. From there they learn how to work with graphics, create and edit symbols, modify text, add interactivity with ActionScript 3.0, and incorporate animation and sound into their projects. Students also learn how to take advantage of the new features of Flash CS5. There's also a new real-world project that teaches them how to create interactivity with buttons by creating an interactive restaurant guide. The companion DVD includes lesson files for students to use as they work their way through the lessons in the book, as well as up to two hours of premium video training from Learn Adobe Flash Professional CS5 by Video (9780321719829).
Features and Benefits
World's best-selling book on Adobe Flash, now fully revised for CS5
* Project-based lessons show readers the key techniques for working in Flash CS5.
* Covers the new text engine, Deco drawing tools, Spring feature for inverse kinematics, video enhancements, and more.
* Companion DVD includes lesson files and 2 hours of FREE video tutorials from Learn Adobe Flash Professional CS5 by Video.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Acquainted
2. Working with Graphics
3. Creating and Editing Symbols
4. Adding Animation with Motion Tweens
5. Adding Articulated Motion and Morphing
6. Creating Interactive Navigation
7. Working with Text
8. Working with Sound and Video
9. Loading and Controlling Flash Content
10. Publishing Flash Documents
About the Authors
The Adobe Creative Team of designers, writers, and editors has extensive, real-world knowledge of Adobe products. They work closely with the Adobe product development teams and Adobe's Instructional Communications team to come up with creative, challenging, and visually appealing projects to help both new and experienced users get up to speed quickly on Adobe software products.