Health, Safety, and Nutrition for the Young Child, 10th Edition
Lynn R. Marotz
$119.95 (includes GST)
20%Off Retail Price
Usually ships within 3-4 business days.
| Add to Shopping Cart
HEALTH, SAFETY, AND NUTRITION FOR THE YOUNG CHILD, 10th Edition, covers contemporary health, safety, and nutrition needs of infant through school-age children--and guides teachers in implementing effective classroom practices--in one comprehensive, full-color volume. Concepts are backed by the latest research findings and linked to NAEYC standards. The text emphasizes the importance of respecting and partnering with families to help children establish healthy lifestyles and achieve their learning potential. Early childhood educators, professionals, and families will find the latest research and information on many topics of significant concern, including food safety, emergency and disaster preparedness, childhood obesity, children's mental health, bullying, resilience, chronic and acute health conditions, environmental quality, and children with special medical needs. Also provided are easy-to-access checklists, guidelines, activities, and lesson plans that no early childhood student or professional should be without.
Table of Contents
Unit I: PROMOTING CHILDREN'S HEALTH: HEALTHY LIFESTYLES AND HEALTH CONCERNS.
1. Children's Well-Being: What It Is and How to Achieve It.
2. Daily Health Observations.
3. Assessing Children's Health.
4. Caring for Children with Special Medical Conditions.
5. The Infectious Process and Environmental Control.
6. Childhood Illness: Identification and Management.
Unit II: KEEPING CHILDREN SAFE.
7. Creating High-Quality Environments.
8. Safety Management.
9. Management of Injuries and Acute Illness.
10. Maltreatment of Children: Abuse and Neglect.
11. Planning for Children's Health and Safety Education.
Unit III: FOODS AND NUTRIENTS: BASIC CONCEPTS.
12. Nutrition Guidelines.
13. Nutrients That Provide Energy (Carbohydrates, Fats, and Proteins).
14. Nutrients That Promote Growth and Regulate Body Functions (Proteins, Vitamins, Minerals, and Water).
Unit IV: NUTRITION AND THE YOUNG CHILD.
15. Feeding Infants.
16. Feeding Toddlers and Young Children.
17. Planning and Serving Nutritious and Economical Meals.
18. Food Safety.
19. Nutrition Education: Rationale, Concepts, and Lessons.
Looking Ahead. . . Making a Difference.
A. National Health Education Standards.
B. Monthly Calendar: Health, Safety, and Nutrition Observances.
C. Federal Food Programs.
D. Children's Book Lists.
E. Nutrient Information: Fast-Food Vendor Websites.