Social Work, 2nd Edition
Connolly, Marie;Harms, Louise
$65.56 (includes GST)
Paperback package 224
20%Off Retail Price
CLEARANCE Item - Special discount - limited stock!
N.Sydney : In Stock
| Add to Shopping Cart
Social Work: From Theory to Practice uses an integrated approach to explore a variety of social theories through social work's unique interpretative lens. Systems, psychodynamic and person-centred theories, and cognitive-behavioural, narrative and strengths-based practices are specifically addressed, and students are shown how to apply these in human service settings. These theories are supported by case studies written by experienced practitioners, providing an in-depth exploration of the use of theory in practice. This second edition includes new material on mindfulness, and mind, body and spirit social work, as well as enhanced content relating to Indigenous social work. Social Work: From Theory to Practice is an accessible and engaging text that clearly explains the theories that underpin social work in practice.
- New and enhanced material on mindfulness and Indigenous social work, and features a strengthened approach to cultural content
- Updated to include new research and literature on fresh theories adopted into social work practice
- Explores the way social theories have translated into social work practice
Table of Contents:
1. Social work knowledge, theory and practice
2. Frameworks, models and practice
3. Systems theories
4. Onion-peeling theories
5. Faulty-engine theories
6. Story-telling theories
7. Mountain-moving theories
8. Reflective practice and theory.